Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Horoscopes



I'd like to establish right now,horoscopes? Don't read 'em, don't follow 'em. Period.

Oh, I used to, in a light-hearted, whimsical sort of way. I would peruse my daily horoscope each day, optimistically believing the good stuff while using my rose-colored glasses to filter the rest. That is, until 2009, when every single horoscope promised that this year would be my Best Year Ever.

Seriously, each daily horoscope was so titillatingly convincing, I actually started wondering if maybe the stars knew something that I didn't. Could 2009 indeed be shaping up to be my Best Year Ever?

I was cautiously curious.

But in 2009 my mother--my best friend, my confidant, my counselor--died unexpectedly, throwing me into an emotional tailspin that I still haven't quite recovered from, and perhaps never will. And I stopped reading horoscopes, even for fun.

The false promises felt mocking.

But today, on this first bright, brisk morning of 2012, I found myself slipping into old habits and sneaking a peek at my horoscope for the New Year. For posterity, proof, or simply for the record, here it is:

Aquarius by Minerva
Home is where your heart is through much of 2012. You go merrily about buying and refurbishing homes, mending fences and families, canning peaches, joining the PTA, etc. Sound ho-hum? You won't think so--until June, when you get a sudden urge to party!

Your spring break comes late and lasts till Christmas. Come 2013, you'll not only have a new young energy in your life--very possibly a lover--but a hobby or creative interest will take off big time.

Make a big decision on January 22 and expect to reap the results July 11.

Uh yeah. Okay. Sounds good, but whatever. I guess there's no harm in hoping for the best (and preparing for the worst), eh?

What do the stars bode for you in 2012?

1 comment:

Maria C. said...

Crap. Mine says I have to clean my damn house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...