Sunday, June 3, 2012

Men May Come and Go, But...

Curse that first generation iPhone camera because I love these two pictures, fuzzy as they are.

The blurred images capture recent happy moments with two of the most important people in my life: Me with my "baby" sister Jennifer(top left), and below, with my BFF of over 30 years, Pam.

The only person missing is my "there, there" friend Deb; so named because no matter how bad things might be, she's always there to make me feel better with her metaphorical "there, there" love and compassion. Last year Deb fled costly California for a more affordable lifestyle in South Carolina. I know, I thought the same thing: how dare she! Not that we're letting a few thousand miles come between us, although it has messed up impromptu plans.

And the "celebration" card? It's a tarot card that I drew at a recent reading with an "Intuitive" (she doesn't call herself a psychic, but yeah, whatever). This card represents how much I value these relationships, she said. They mean the world to me: they sustain me, nurture me, keep me sane. They make me laugh, feed my soul, and keep me afloat when I feel like I'm drowning.

"This card represents the most important people in your life," the Intuitive said.

Amen, sister. And BFF.

1 comment:

Deb said...

When we get back together we will reenact the celebration card! Plan on it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...