Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Canine Twin

Talk about throwing pride to the wind. That's what I did today, at the Golden State Greyhound Adoption annual picnic, when I entered a contest with my pup, Olivia. The name of this contest?

"People Who Look Like Their Dog."

But I had to enter. How could I not when the first, second and third place winners were promised a prize of the highest order? The desirable, invaluable, and highly esteemed... drum roll please...Squeaky Toy.

We nailed second place.

And so, here is the evidence (albeit fuzzy, thanks to the lousy camera on my iPhone 3). What's important is that my girl got her coveted squeaky toy, and heck, I figure there are worse things to resemble than her sweet face. Anyway, I prefer to think that Olivia's big ears and long nose have nothing to do with our striking mirror image, and more to do with the fact that we're both tall and skinny, right?

Right?

1 comment:

Dip-Dip and the Bridge said...

Congrats! Sounds like a fun contest. People have told me I look a bit like Dip - don't know whether to be flattered or insulted that I look like a chihuahua, LOL.
Lynne x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...