Sunday, October 28, 2012

Name That Disease

So last week I threw out a "Name that Disease" challenge (see below post). My blood disorder doesn't have a proper name and my complaint was that I'll never get that coveted Lifetime channel "movie disease of the week" without an attractive moniker. Making lemonade outta lemons is what I'm doing here.

But first, we need to name this rogue protein in my blood that is chomping away at my nerve sheaths and leaving damage in its wake. It's resulted in neuropathy in my feet and is slowly working its way up my legs.  Not much that can be done about it, other than try to slow its spread with chemo.  The "blood thingie" (my working title) is not curable and not terminal, but just, as my doctor shrugged, "A major bummer."

So I said what the heck...let's give this "major bummer" a name.

To date, I haven't seen any viable names for the condition itself, but did receive several attractive titles for my potential Lifetime movie.  You did well, Grasshoppers. Here are my favorites so far, categorized by genre.

Sweeping epic: "LORD OF THE VEINS" starring Cate Blanchett and Mark Ruffalo

Comedy: "NUMB & NUMBER" with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler

Romance:"BLOOD STORY" featuring Connie Britton and Hugh Grant 

Spy/Thriller:  "SYNDROME X" with Kate Winslett and Daniel Craig

Nice job, folks. Keep 'em coming. Because I figure, as long as I'm stuck with this "major bummer," I might as well have a little fun with it, right?

Beats the alternative.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like "blood sludge" disease. The manifestation of the M spike? The major bummer of a disease? My BFF has MM and that is a major major *major* bummer of a disease. We call his, "nothing (k)new.". As in how are you feeling? Nothing new.

Blessings and much good karma to you.

Dip-Dip and the Bridge said...

Atta girl!
Lynne x

Rayne said...

This is SO messed up! But if you want to have fun with it, I'll buy in. I would call it Crud Blood. And then I'd have a drink. Sending LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...