Saturday, February 2, 2013

Another Day, Another Birthday

Had a birthday this week and was once again reminded of how lucky I am to have so many thoughtful friends. I  received many beautiful cards and greetings--thank you, one and all.

However, one card in particular popped--and I mean this in the most literal sense.

My manager Sharon is a skilled photographer who often uses her artwork to create unique and personal greeting cards (check out her work). A few months ago, when I mentioned that I needed pictures of Olivia for future Pet Tales columns, Sharon offered her talents and spent a brisk November morning taking pictures of my pup.

Well, creative minds never sleep; Sharon used one of these images to create a special, three-dimensional birthday card that made me gasp with delight when I opened it on Wednesday.

This card, which now hangs on my cubicle wall at work, warms my heart every time I look at it. Reminding me that whatever stress the day may bring, at home awaits the perfect antidote.

2 comments:

A Fanciful Life said...

Oh, that's so nice! I'm so glad you love it!
Sharon

Dip-Dip and the Bridge said...

Happy Birthday!
Lynne x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...